25 min 5 min prep
SERVES 4 +
1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 cup dried elbow macaroni
1/2 large zucchini, cut in cubes
Heat a large nonstick frying pan, brown ground beef and onion and garlic and oregano.
Add spaghetti sauce and broth. (used Mother-in-law's homemade)
Bring to a boil.
Add macaroni.
Reduce heat, cover and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes.
Stir in zucchini.
Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes or until macaroni and zucchini are tender.
If needed, add more broth (I added 1/2 cup towards the end).
Our family LOVED this recipe that I tweaked. We had some garden zucchini from my In-laws so I wanted to try and use it and found this recipe. Everyone ate quite a bit and we still had some leftover for a few lunches for Lucas and I. Give this one a try!
SERVES 4 +
1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 cup dried elbow macaroni
1/2 large zucchini, cut in cubes
Heat a large nonstick frying pan, brown ground beef and onion and garlic and oregano.
Add spaghetti sauce and broth. (used Mother-in-law's homemade)
Bring to a boil.
Add macaroni.
Reduce heat, cover and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes.
Stir in zucchini.
Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes or until macaroni and zucchini are tender.
If needed, add more broth (I added 1/2 cup towards the end).
Our family LOVED this recipe that I tweaked. We had some garden zucchini from my In-laws so I wanted to try and use it and found this recipe. Everyone ate quite a bit and we still had some leftover for a few lunches for Lucas and I. Give this one a try!
No comments:
Post a Comment